NORTH AMERICAN SPINE SCHOLARSHIP CHECKLIST
We want to reward your passion for patient awareness.
About North American Spine
North American Spine partners with physicians to provide a broad range of minimally invasive spine procedures for the relief of chronic pain, including bulging disc pain. With facilities in several states, North American Spine is the leader in minimally invasive back and neck care.
About the Scholarship
We want to ensure medical researchers in training will provide patients with a concierge-style experience. North American Spine believes that by supporting the education of future medical practitioners, we will nourish the education of patients.
If you share our goal of helping patients fully understand the best treatment options available to them, we want you to submit an essay for the chance to win $2,500.
What is required to apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the prize, an applicant must submit:
- A personal statement of your course of study and intended career (max length 750 words)
- Name of school, area of study, and intended graduation date
- An essay (max 2000 words) or a video (max 2 minutes)
When are applications due?
The essay submission deadline is 12:00 a.m. EST, July 1, for the fall semester and 12:00 a.m. EST, December 1, for the spring semester.
Is this scholarship open to all students regardless of major?
Yes. The scholarship is open to all undergraduate students.
What is the essay topic?
We believe that simplicity provides medical patients with the highest quality of care possible and increases their satisfaction. The essay or video submitted must address disc-related spine pain and non-pharmaceutical treatment to a non-professional audience of spine pain sufferers. Use clear, concise language to inform your potential patient’s decision.
Sample ideas include:
- The causes and progression of a disc-related disease or condition. For example: a bulging disc.
- How to recognize a disc-related condition and what to do about it
- Common co-morbidities of disc-related conditions
- Risks and rewards of surgical spine intervention
What is the amount for winning the scholarship?
The essay prize is $2,500.00.
Are there limitations as to what the scholarship money can be used for?
– The $2,500.00 prize will be awarded to one recipient to help pay for educational expenses. The scholarship will be sent directly to the school’s financial aid office.
– The $2,500.00 prize must be used for educational purposes during a student’s tenure.
– The awarded funds will be sent directly to the school’s financial aid office, to be applied to the student’s education expenses.
– The awarded scholarship funds are to be used for tuition and school supplies only (i.e. textbooks and tools). Once awarded, a check will be written to the recipient’s school of choice and credited for academic costs.
When will a winner be selected? How will the winner be notified?
The results will be announced within two months of the submission deadline. We will email the selected party.
Where do I direct further questions?
Please direct questions to [email protected].
How do I submit my essay?
Please submit your essay to [email protected].