Free MRI/CT Review
Are you a candidate for a North American Spine procedure? Send us a recent MRI or CT scan to find out.
We provide a free review of your existing MRI/CT scan to see how we can help you get relief from chronic back or neck pain through the least invasive methods. Whether you are looking for a second opinion or have just been diagnosed, you have nothing to lose by getting an expert opinion on your spine care.
If your MRI or CT has already been evaluated by another practice, we would be happy to provide a second opinion on your condition and explain how our approach is unique.
Sending your MRI or CT scan is easy:
- Ask us to request it for you. If you do not have a copy of your MRI/CT on hand, we can request it from the imaging center where it was taken. Simply call us at 877.474.2225 or submit the form on this page, and we’ll get started.
- Email: Send the written report to email@example.com
- Fax: Send the written report to 866-810-6692
- Mail: Send the written report to the address below. Or, contact us and we’ll send you pre-paid envelope.
North American Spine
Attn: MRI Dept.
8080 Park Lane
Dallas Tx, 75231
Request a Free Review of Your MRI/CT Scan and Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
How Old Can my MRI or CT scan be? Your MRI or CT scan must be 3 years old or less. If it’s older than that, you will need to visit your Primary Care Physician or other treating physician to get an order for a new MRI or CT scan.
How long will my free MRI/CT review take? The review process typically takes 1-2 business days.How does the process work?
- The first step with us is reviewing your most recent MRI/CT written report. Our medical team requires an MRI/CT from within the past 3 years to determine any kind of potential treatment plan. We can also order new MRI/CT scans if yours is less than 3 years old, if needed.
- Your Patient Care Manager will ask you to provide information on your symptoms, medical history, past treatments, and insurance.
- We will verify your insurance benefits to confirm we are able to work with your plan. Note: we accept most private insurance plans but are unable to accept government-funded plans such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Workers Comp.
- From there, we obtain MRI/CT imaging and any other testing our medical team recommends. Once we have all medical information required, we then send your chart to one of our doctors who can best treat your specific needs. Because every patient is different, we must first obtain all information needed to connect you with the proper physician.
Your entire experience will be thoughtfully and professionally guided by your Patient Care Manager. Their goal is to make sure you feel comfortable, informed, and always clear on next steps throughout your journey to relief.
“It costs you nothing to get a second opinion. My Patient Care Manager really took care of me. She contacted my insurance company, she negotiated all of that – I didn’t have to do anything. If she didn’t know the answer, she got an answer for me. I trust North American Spine.” –Cheryl C.